Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Educating in Zion

The section that stuck out to me most was C. From Academy to University. There were stories of a man named Delbert Brown who helped individual students out. He really cared about them and wanted the best for them. He did not know them personally, but he knew their life was just as important as his.
Also there were two quotes that stuck out to me. One by President Hinckley saying to not focus on the mistakes and flaws of those who have built the University but rather there accomplishments. There flaws are small compared to that. The other quote talked about how a teacher should not do anything for a student they can do on their own. And that reminded me our Father in Heaven. He will not do anything for us if we are able to do it.

2 comments:

libby said...

Hi Hans-
I didn't even know you have a blog! And you update your much more frequently than I update mine. :)
It's fun to read your thoughts--hope you don't mind that I read through all your posts.

Mom and I are sitting on the couch admiring what a beautiful girl you are inside and out.

Love you, Mom and Libby.

Hannah Ruth Frandsen said...

haha i only do becuase i have to for a class:) I love you and oh my goodness!!! the pictures of your baby are ADORABLE!!! i cant wait to see him!!!